Monday, June 19, 2017

Mt. Oro - Mt. Sipit Ulang Twin Hike // June 17, 2017

I checked the time and it was already 5:30 am.  I was thinking what will I do at the office.  Still adjusting.....then suddenly... ************!!! I'm late!!! I'm supposed to be at the meeting place at 4:30 am.  We have planned a twin-hike to Mt. Oro and Mt. Sipit Ulang in Rizal that day.  I chatted She in her FB account.   Fortunately, they were still at McDonald in Greenfield... I hurried up!
Group picture at the registration area of Mascap before the climb (Dave, Franco, Fr. And, CJ, She, Aries (Dr. Love), and Ate Leah (our guide).. Insert Me
Mt. Oro (Gold)
One of the strangest mountains I've climbed.  All of us, including our guide, experienced an unexplained exhaustion.  It seems that something is hindering us from reaching the top.  Is it true that nature spirits played us? or there's a strong magnetic field existing in the place?  Whatever happened at the end, we've overcome the hurdles and conquered its peak.  
The Trail
Mt. Oro is more on a hill than a mountain.  The trail is comprised of open grassland and very minimal light assault.  At the summit, there is an overlooking view of the Sierra Madre Range.  
The beginning of a short hike
An open grasslands.  Cogon grass are starting to bloom; the wet season has officially begun
Gradual Assault
Having a break at the foot of the summit
The Calvary
Final Assault to the summit
A goat at the summit?  I was horrified!  I remembered some verses  in Matthew regarding the sheep and the goat...."He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left".........."Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels"  :o
The Summit
At the summit
At the other view
Descent
We back-trailed to the jump-off via rough road and had our lunch at an eatery near the Brgy. hall before proceeding to Sipit Ulang.
Kristoffer Dave Domingo, a trail runner in the making (kaya mo pa kaya?)
Newly born calves
Mt. Sipit-Ulang
Due to time constraint, we climbed Mt. Sipit-Ulang via Banayad Trail.  Ate Leah told us that the mountain has now 3 existing trails: Paniki, Banayad, and the super trail where rock climbing skill is a must.  We reached the summit in less than an hour.

Beautiful Bamboos
Almost there
Franco at a rock formation near the summit
My second encounter with the claw-like rock formation of Rizal
Photo Blast
Yours truly at the bottom of the summit

CJ, welcome back!
She on the other side of the peak
Other Side
The Original Rodriguez Trilogy: Mt. Binacayan, Mt. Pamitinan, and Mt. Hapunang Banoi
Group Picture at the summit minus Franco and me (#photographerduty :P)

Andy's Creed
Andy made his own declaration of hiking principle; I found it worth sharing...
"Mountaineer's Pledge"
By: Andres Rebato (Andy)

By the sweat of my brows,
By the bites of thousand grass,
By the fire of scourging sun,
By the arrows of blinding storms,
By the thorns of unmoving stones,
And by the hands of my companions,
I will climb high and proud,
I will walk by day and night
I will seek the path, embrace the cold,
If ever I shall fall, let no one mourn
Just bear the pain and bring me home
This is my pledge, this is my fate
Let Earth be my witness

And God, my only Guide
- Andy
Actual Itinerary
June 17, 2017 (7:00 AM): Meet up McDonald Greenfield
June 17, 2017 (6:30 PM): ETA Farmers Cubao

Safe Budget
500 (for a group of 7)

Major Expenses
Tour Guide: 500 per mountain (5:1)
Registration Fee: still 50 php per head

Going There
1. There are available jeepneys in Ligaya and Cubao going to Montalban. Ask the driver for a drop-off in the Total Gas Station near Eastwood. 

2. From the Gas Station, enter the street in front where you can find the tricycle terminal going to Mascap (150 per ride).  


Worth Remembering (Moments and Thoughts to Look Back)
- The unforgotten 1500 php story of Aries Andrada (Dr. Love)
- I remember that Dave told the group to pray before proceeding to Mt. Oro; I rebutted by saying that the mountain seems like a "station of the cross".  We are already praying as we climb. (coincidence?)
- Strange moments at Mt. Oro
- Supernatural stories shared by Ate Leah Zonio
- Marami pong ginto ang nakabaon dito sa Rizal (Ate Leah $$$)
- Halo-Halo moments at the sari-sari store
- It is now the season of Avocado
- Sir gusto mong payong na pang golf (Franco) :P
- Malaki ang kinikita ng mga pari sa mga donation dito sa Manila - Fr. Andy (a former seminarian)
- Parang wala tayong dinaanan kaninang sampayan (Me to She)
- Future plans for acquiring house and lot
- Future plan of climbing Mt. Ayaas and some of the newly opened mountains in Wawa
- Dinner (post-climb) at KFC Starmall

Our Contact
Leah Zonio: 0930-011-0331 (this is her husband's mobile number)

Related Article
Mt. Sipit Ulang Hike

Photo Credit: She Joy Malatuba
End
-JSC

No comments:

Post a Comment